Thursday 29 April 2010

The world is at your feet


There are those days when you think that finally the world is smiling at you and then, suddenly, something happens that totally messes things up. Well, yesterday was my day... Yesterday, the laptop I was for so long waiting finally arrived. Everyone was telling me to wait for the weekend to buy the new laptop (I'm waiting for it since September) and that without the discount card (I just had the nÂș) I could never ever have a discount. It was a dumb, silly thing, but somehow I just set my foot down and thought "it doesn't matter anyway, I'll go and I'll see. If it's not available, if I don't get the discount, it's ok, I'll just go for a walk". Of course, typical me, when I arrived the laptop was sold out. So, I gave it a try and went there. So, the moral is: stand up for yourself, don't let anyone influence you on what you do. If you don't take chances, if you don't try, then you'll never know what could have been! Do your best to push away the "don't"s the "no"s and all those negative things. If you want something, go for it! Even if in the end it was the wrong choice, at least you know that you tried and did your best to achieve true happiness. This is a very small example, but it applies on everything! Even though most people around us want the best for us, sometimes their opinion is a bit biased...Of course, be rational about it, don't take stupid chances that you know for sure that will turn out wrong and do something just because. Be true to yourself. Let me tell you, if I had taken all the advices, if I cared about people saying that they think that I do or don't like something, well...lets just say that I wouldn't have found my own way inside marine biology, and most probably would have never seen the wonderful creatures that I saw last summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment